Lifting Heroes Up: Send Local Cross Hero to Worlds!
Here’s what happened.
Sue Butler made the fucking US team for Cyclocross worlds. What does this mean? It means that a sweet and fast lady who lives just down the street from me is going to fly across the big, round world and represent this town, this neighborhood, this cyclocross-loving little fan of hers in front of the best of the best.
And you know what? Sue is going to kill it. She’s going to rip legs. Take my word for it.
Do you know how cool this is? Can I possibly describe how fucking cool this is? I can’t. You have to trust me. And you have to help me. Her. Us. Whatever.
The amazingness of this story is shadowed only by the fact that a super elite cyclocross racing woman who is chosen to represent the United States actually has no financial support to make the trip. Did you read that correctly? Yes, you did. And, yes, I’m pissed. And, yes, I’ll get back to that at a later date.
For now? Your job is really easy. Go to HUB tomorrow (Tuesday, 1/18!!). Drink beer. Tell them Sue sent you.
Every beer sold in Sue’s honor will garner $1 donated by HUB.
From Sue’s blog:
On TUESDAY, JANUARY 18TH @ 6 p.m. until close, HOPWORKS URBAN BREWERY (HUB) will donate $1 for every pint drank in my honor. You can just come for beer in the bar. You can bring the family and dine in the dining room. You can come for a nightcap. 6 p.m. until close, drink as much beer as you can, because you will be doing your part in sending me to worlds!
NO RSVP necessary. Just make sure to mention “Sue Butler” or “CX World Championships”.
Please join us. Make sure to come say ‘hi’. I’ll be in the bar. Probably selling tickets for the best raffle of the season.
And, while we’re talking about this? HUB: Thank you for all you do for cycling in this town. We see you. We love you. We recognize your contribution. WE LOVE YOUR BEER.
But, wait! There’s more! :)
You can win stuff. Really good stuff. What fundraiser is complete without a raffle? Check out full details and fine print on Sue’s blog. For now, here’s the current list of prizes:
- Ridley X-Ride Frameset
- Reynolds 2010 Strike wheelset (66mm Carbon)
- Lazer Helmet
- Oakley Frogskins (polarized)
- Oakley Endurings (with multiple lenses. The only glasses I race in! Women’s specific. LOVE them)
- Thule Peloton Fork mount bike racks. (2)
- Gore Bike Wear “Tip to Toe” package.
- Cross Crusade Season Pass
- Gift certificate to Grochau Cellers for magnum of wine
- Io-Bio Men or Women’s Contact LS Crib (awesome base layer for cx! I love it)
- Pearl Izumi Shoes (model dependent on availability and size; must be in stock. So they won’t be as cool as my custom world championships shoes. Sorry.)
- $25 gift certificate to U.S. Outdoor Store, Portland, OR (usoutdoorstore.com)
- Joe Sales original print. http://joesales.ca
- An original one of a kind limited edition VeloGioielli. ( Bike theme jewelry handmade from recycled bicycle parts. This one is my bike parts!)
How to Get Tickets
Sue will be selling tickets at HUB tomorrow. Find her. Hug her. Pat her on the back. Tell her good luck. Tell her thank you. For being rad, inspiration, fast, kind and determined.
Then buy tickets. Lots of them
You can also buy them at River City Bicycles. Ask for Wendy then drop the cash.
Do you hear me!? Lay down the green, people. This is our girl. Let’s make it classy. Suck it, world female cyclocross racers, Sue Butler is going to teach you a lesson, but good. And my dollars are part of your spanking. And that makes me smile.