Internet Machete (Links I Love Today)
Cutting through the jungle of the interwebs so you don’t have to.
There’s a lot of crap on the web. This is stuff that isn’t.
- The Big Picture: Haiti Six Days Later – Expect to see The Big Picture a lot on future editions of Website Machete. These photo essays from The Boston Globe rarely disappoint. These images from Haiti are gut-wrenching and poignant.
- The Periodic Table of Typefaces – For all the design nerds out there. (Of course Helvetica is first, yo.)
- 42 Most Popular Blog Posts about Blogging in 2009 – Total blog overload. Try not to vomit.
- The Evolution of the Crayola Color Chart – More proof that we love to complicate things that should probably stay simple.
- These Wool Felt accessories for iPhones and laptops are absolutely to-die-for. (Via Lifehacker.)
- Red Kite Prayer waxes poetical about winter training. Always good stuff over there, kids.
- Productivity Department: Tips for Making Daily To-Do Lists that actually work. (from DailyBlogTips)
- Salivation Nation: Chinese Confectioners build Great Wall of Chocolate (via UK Telegraph)
- Popcorn time: “Wild Combination: A Portrait of Arthur Russell” – a documentary about the late Arthur Russell whose music is seeing a revival right now. (Via Dan Sharp who’s staying with me in Tucson right now.)
- Music Video: “This Too Shall Pass” by OK Go. A one-take video filmed live featuring the Notre Dame marching band. Brilliant.
Official video for OK Go’s “This Too Shall Pass” off of the New Album “Of the Blue Colour of the Sky”. The video was filmed live and features the Notre Dame marching band. Directed by Brian L. Perkins and OK Go.
Buy the album here: http://bit.ly/okgootbcots
And download an mp3 of the live audio from this video for FREE at our website: http://www.okgo.net